SG clanwars forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09*

+12
dilou
Nixito
Sosniak
Twig Says Hi
cleyton
Taco
GenDago
Prophet
Bodie
SmokeyBacon
vaD.KeNDeR
mLy!
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09*

Post  mLy! Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 pm

*UPDATE*
All team captains have to confirm their sign up to me on IRC.
Why? Because I want this cup to go smooth, best way of communication is IRC, so this will force all team captain to install IRC.
A full updated roster with captains AND players will be posted soon.
Captains who fail to confirm their sign up on IRC this week will be removed!

With the cup coming closer, it's time to start looking for team captains!
This is not a DEFINITIVE decision on who will be team captain, just to see who would want to be a team captain.

ANYBODY can be a team captain for there country, so if you think you can handle it, sign up Smile
If there is more then 1 candidate for a country, the admins will decide based on the knowledge of a candidate about the community and his popularity among the other players of his/her country.

You can sign up with a simple post in this topic, or by contacting me on IRC: #sg.wars (Quakenet)

The List:

• Belgium: mLy!
  • France: Grelouk
  • Poland: Donnie
  • Germany: Dago
  • USA: Caseus

need confirmation:

• Russia: Lucky Bro
  • Czech Republic: Hawk eye

Removed for inactivity

• UK: Smokeybacon
  • Hungaria: Kender
  • Brasil: Cleyton

Once again: if your country allready has a candidate, you can still sign up if you want!!! ( if you think you can do better :p )

*UPDATE*
What is a team captain supposed to do?
  • Search players from his/her country to form a his nations team (no minimum and no maximum amount of players, only a maximum of 3 players from the same clan)
  • Be the team leader, inform your players
  • During the cup: inform your players when your nation has to play a match, and make sure you have 4 players that day
  • Inform cup admins about any problems, submit scores etc.

Last edited by mLy! on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 15 times in total
mLy!
mLy!

Back to top Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty Re: Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09*

Post  vaD.KeNDeR Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I'll sing up for now then the other hungarians will decide who they want.
GOGO Hungary!
vaD.KeNDeR
vaD.KeNDeR

Back to top Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty Re: Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09*

Post  SmokeyBacon Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:11 pm

I'd like to be Captain for the UK, still looking for a team but I have a few people in mind.
SmokeyBacon
SmokeyBacon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodie Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 am

Maybe we could allow people from colonies in the UK team? I don't think we will have enough Americans to form a team but I think one or two if they want to play could find their place in the "Commonwealth" (from lack of a better name) team.
Bodie
Bodie

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Donnie wrote:Maybe we could allow people from colonies in the UK team? I don't think we will have enough Americans to form a team but I think one or two if they want to play could find their place in the "Commonwealth" (from lack of a better name) team.
How about common Slavs What a Face cyclops
I will be alone on this one unless 'one man armies' can sign up too [x
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  mLy! Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Can you not pursuade any of your friends to try out Smokin Guns? It is a very easy game to learn, or some friends that play other games?

One of the reason why i wanted this nations cup was to force players to attract new players in the game.

I have not considered a minimum of players yet, but I suppose you need atleast 1 other player to play an interesting match!

Prophet wrote:
How about common Slavs What a Face cyclops
I will be alone on this one unless 'one man armies' can sign up too [x
mLy!
mLy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:45 pm

mLy! wrote:any of your friends to try out Smokin Guns?

Can't do. I live in an environment where people have different hobbies (call me a rebel if you want). In other words: It's easier to find a green donkey than a teammate from my country.

mLy! wrote:
One of the reason why i wanted this nations cup was to force players to attract new players in the game.

This is a good idea. I'm hoping to see some new nicknames.

mLy! wrote:
I have not considered a minimum of players yet, but I suppose you need atleast 1 other player to play an interesting match!

Sounds way more simple than it is. I was never able to play nations cups and I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be changing in any way whatsoever.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty Of course mly

Post  GenDago Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

I will do the job as captain
GenDago
GenDago

Back to top Go down

Post  mLy! Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Ok, this gives us 7 teams.
Still hoping for USA, Czech Republic, Brasil and the Netherlands maybe
mLy!
mLy!

Back to top Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty Team USA

Post  Taco Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 am

Okay, since nobody else volunteered, I'll be the team captain for Team USA. Very Happy

Taco

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixitooo Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I haven't really bothered trying to sign up USA, being as almost all of the USA players are in Team Bacon already, and from the sounds of it that's against the rules. As long as you guys don't mind an abundance of Bacon, we could probably hop on in there. Taco can be our fearless leader!

If you guys are wondering about the username, I was just too lazy to sign in.

Nixitooo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixitooo Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Also if you want a team Brazil, you might want to specifically address them in-game, and hope that you find one that speaks decent English. I'm sure most don't even know about this forum.

Nixitooo

Back to top Go down

Nations Cup: team captain candidates sign up *UPDATE 26/10/09* Empty brazil

Post  cleyton Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 am

nix are not required to speak a decent English! if any deverian anybody else learn to speak "Portuguese decent" !!!!!!! and I am willing to be the leader of Brazil! thanks
cleyton
cleyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Twig Says Hi Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm

If there are any finnish players i would be more than willing to team up! If you guys know any point me to the right direction Smile

Twig Says Hi

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeyBacon Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Twig Says Hi wrote:If there are any finnish players i would be more than willing to team up! If you guys know any point me to the right direction Smile

Would [BACON] Henry count as Finnish? He has the accent and knows the language and everything. Try asking him. flower

Anyway, I've found several British players who are all interested in playing: 123Kid, Billy Brisco, Baconcowboy and Missfire. And Sniper....
SmokeyBacon
SmokeyBacon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sosniak Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Good that i dont have problems with finding players. Is Dago still german team captain?
Sosniak
Sosniak

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixito Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Twig, if you want I can probably get ahold of Henry once I'm on real internets. He's about as Finnish as it gets. Other than him, I've only seen a handful of other Finnish players. The few I've seen had pretty blatantly Finnish names(or maybe they just liked Finnish profanity, as that's all I know), so they'd probably be pretty easy to spot.

Nixito

Back to top Go down

Post  Twig Says Hi Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for the offer but i'm not sure if i can hold on to schedules now so i probably won't be participating. I have run into maybe 4 finnish players (one of them being henry) and 2 of them i havn't seen online for a while. Pekka_vantta pops up every once in a while but communication has been pretty one sided Very Happy And as far as finnish profanity goes, you were swearing like a true finn last time i saw you!

Twig Says Hi

Back to top Go down

Post  mLy! Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 am

Updated captains list,
People who want to (re)sign up for captain duty, contact me on irc ASAP !!!
mLy!
mLy!

Back to top Go down

Post  dilou Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm

If Grelouk does not come as captain of France, I definitely want to come.

dilou

Back to top Go down

Post  Caseus Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:49 am

Apparently Taco's computer blew up or something and I've been talked into stepping in as leader of Team USA. I guess I have a little less than a month to finish rounding up a team Very Happy I'll be watching for you on IRC for confirmation and whatever.

Caseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawkeye Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 pm

mLy! wrote:Ok, this gives us 7 teams.
Still hoping for Czech Republic
OK, i will say to some players and if i can i´ll join.

Hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post  mLy! Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am

Hawkeye wrote:
mLy! wrote:Ok, this gives us 7 teams.
Still hoping for Czech Republic
OK, i will say to some players and if i can i´ll join.

Thats great news!

@Caseus, see you on IRC
mLy!
mLy!

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeyBacon Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm hereby pulling out of the nations cup. I can't find enough active players to form a decent team. Such a shame because I for one really wanted to play in this but I guess SG isn't popular enough here.

Anyway, have a great time all you other teams.
SmokeyBacon
SmokeyBacon

Back to top Go down

Post  att!la Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:54 pm

is it possible to make a team of more nations?

now we would have: austria (me and thot) + switzerland (barto) + greece (myrmi)

is that possible?

now i have big problems to play sg Sad since i have win 7. im lagging extremely and i cant play "really" No
att!la
att!la

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next